How We Got Started
Several years ago, during a discussion about pets among friends and family, each person in the conversation recognized that although we all loved our pets, we also shared a displeasure with the stressful and tedious chores associated with “home bathing and grooming our pets”. We felt so passionate about the need to eliminate the displeasure associated with home bathing and grooming our pets that we concluded our conversation with a commitment to “finding a solution that would fix our home pet bathing and grooming problems”. Specifically, wanted to find a home pet bathtub for dogs, cats and other pets.
With commitment in hand, we set out to:
- Collect a list of the main pain points associated with home bathing and grooming our pets.
- Search for existing products on the market that addressed the pain points we identified.
- Create a list of the best of breed home pet bathtub for dogs, cats and other pets
Our Search for a Home Pet Bathtub for Dogs, Cats and other Pets
The main features we were searching for an existing pet bathing and grooming product to address were:
- How to minimize the cleanup time associated with bathing and grooming our pets at home.
- How to capture and easily dispose of the waste; for example dead fur, dead-skin, dirty grim and liquid run-off, generated during the process of bathing of our pets.
- How to minimize the chances that our families would be exposed to the germs and bacteria carried by our pets.
- How to minimize the cost associated with bathing and grooming our pets.
- How to allow for all of the above benefits when traveling with our pets.
After several months of searching for products that would address our pet bathing and grooming pain points, we came to the conclusion that although existing products on the market did address some of our pain points none of them addressed all of our pain points.
Our dissatisfaction with the existing products on the market presented us with a new challenge; that challenge being, “could we create a product that would address our, and all pet lovers, pain points associated with home bathing and grooming our pets” Specifically, could we create a home pet bathtub for dogs, cats and other pets.
We decided to take on the aforementioned challenge and after 2 years of brainstorming, designing, prototyping, and market testing our product ideas we developed “The Pet Bathtub” which is now available to make home pet bathing and grooming easier for all pet lovers.
Our Pet Bathtub not only addresses our initial set of pain points but it also addresses the longer list of pain points listed below:
- Virtually eliminates the mess created while home bathing and grooming our pets.
- Protects bathtub and surrounding areas from pet waste.
- Captures dead pet fur, dead pet skin, dirty grim and liquid run off.
- Minimizes a families’ exposure to a pets germs & bacteria.
- Perfect for bathing pet during bad weather.
- No assembly tools required to assemble the pet bathtub.
- Quick & Easy to setup – Takes less than 5 minutes to setup.
- Quick & Easy to put away – Takes less than 5 minutes to take-down.
- Portable – Take it with you on trips, vacations, visits to friends & family.
- Lightweight – weighs less than 9 pounds.
- Easy to store – collapsible frame allows for easy storage.
- Save the cost of paying groomers $750.00 – $2,100.00 per year.
Our hope is that the years of time and effort put into solving our home pet bathing and grooming challenges will help all pet lovers and provide them with more time; and less expense, to spend on their family, friends and pets.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us. We are always excited when we hear from our customers and site visitors, so please feel free to follow up with any questions, comments, suggestions and feedback
The PetBathtub.com Team